Before bedtime, take the time to apply a facial crème that will work to keep your face hydrated while you sleep.
What to do at bedtime:
- Cleanse. Give the extra love to your skin – a good cleanse will rid the oils and impurities that have accumulated during the day.
- Tone. Follow with toner to bring you PH balance to a normal level.
- Moisturize. Apply a good quality night cream with a hydrating formula. Skin needs hydration to look fresh and youthful. Night cream will deeply moisturize your skin overnight. Choose a crème with hydrating ingredients such as Provitamin B5 and Vitamin A , which minimize the appearance of fine lines and moisturize your skin at the same time. Hyaluronic acid helps the skin hold onto water that leads to plumper skin cells. Other ingredients such as Sweet Almond Oil and Avocado Oil deliver important fatty acids.
Helpful tip. When you are applying the crème to your face, continue to massage past your chin – as your neck requires the same care as your face.
Lack of sleep. Sleep deprivation affects collagen growth, skin hydration and skin texture. Collagen is the protein that serves as one of the main building blocks for your skin. It is responsible for helping your skin keep its volume and elasticity. Lack of collagen results in early signs of aging and sagging skin. Also, if you do not get enough sleep the level of moisture in your skin drops – that leads to a change in skin complexions. Drier skin may develop, or other problems such as outbreak of acne, eczema and psoriasis.
Humidifiers. Use of humidifier is another way to increase moisture in the air to prevent dryness that may be beneficial to health of your skin. Air without humidity is dryer – which leads to dry skin.
Face masks. Using a facial mask may be beneficial, depending on your skin type and skincare needs. Face masks will provide an extra boost of hydration to your skin, but using it too often may irritate or dry out your skin.
The optimal result is when you stick to your daily routine – Cleanse. Tone. Moisturize.
- Clavé Body Care Orange Blossom Green Tea Neutralizing Facial Toner
- Clavé Body Care Orange Blossom Green Tea Facial Cleanser
- Clavé Body Care Organic Night Crème